Meeting Room Policy
The Chesapeake Public Library Meeting Room policy.
Use of the library meeting rooms is reserved for Chesapeake organizations, Chesapeake businesses, City of Chesapeake departments, Chesapeake Public Schools, Chesapeake residents, Commonwealth of Virginia and federal agencies, and full service card holders. A meeting room request form must be completed for each reservation.
- Smoking is not allowed in public facilities. (Code of the City of Chesapeake, Section 38-154)
- Groups selling merchandise or tickets are responsible for having all required license as for payment of any amusement or other taxes due. Contact the Commissioner of the Revenue and/or the City Treasurer for further details.
- The library is not responsible for taking registration fees or selling tickets for non-library sponsored events. The staff is also not responsible for providing information about non-library sponsored events.
- Materials may not be stored in advance by groups using the library meeting rooms unless prior arrangement has been made with the library manager.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings brought into the facility.
- Groups using the meeting rooms may not exceed the room’s authorized seating capacity.
- Alcoholic beverages all allowed only when all portions of the Code of the City of Chesapeake, Section 46-182, are met.