We appreciate your interest in using the facilities of the Chesapeake Public Library as a place for meeting and gathering. Please click on the tabs below to view the policy and guidelines for use of our meeting rooms.
Requests can be submitted online at any time through the “Request a Room” tab on this page. All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. Online requests are generally confirmed by staff Monday through Friday between 10:00am and 5:00pm, with the exception of holidays and closures. Reservations will be held for 30 minutes after the start time indicated on the request form. After this time, the space will become available to others. Customers must vacate the meeting room by closing time. Library activities or programs are given priority in the use of meeting rooms.
Use of the library meeting rooms is reserved for Chesapeake organizations, Chesapeake businesses, City of Chesapeake departments, Chesapeake Public Schools, Chesapeake residents, Commonwealth of Virginia and federal agencies, and full service card holders.
A meeting room request form must be completed for each reservation.
The Chesapeake Public Library Meeting Room policy.
Use of the library meeting rooms is reserved for Chesapeake organizations, Chesapeake businesses, City of Chesapeake departments, Chesapeake Public Schools, Chesapeake residents, Commonwealth of Virginia and federal agencies, and full service card holders. A meeting room request form must be completed for each reservation.
- Smoking is not allowed in public facilities. (Code of the City of Chesapeake, Section 38-154)
- Groups selling merchandise or tickets are responsible for having all required license as for payment of any amusement or other taxes due. Contact the Commissioner of the Revenue and/or the City Treasurer for further details.
- The library is not responsible for taking registration fees or selling tickets for non-library sponsored events. The staff is also not responsible for providing information about non-library sponsored events.
- Materials may not be stored in advance by groups using the library meeting rooms unless prior arrangement has been made with the library manager.
- The library is not responsible for any personal belongings brought into the facility.
- Groups using the meeting rooms may not exceed the room’s authorized seating capacity.
- Alcoholic beverages all allowed only when all portions of the Code of the City of Chesapeake, Section 46-182, are met.
1. Click on the Library Branch of your choice.
2. View room schedules by room, date, and time in a day, week or month view.
3. To "request" a room simply go to the Day View and select the Date, Time, and Room you are interested in scheduling and click CONTINUE at the bottom of the screen.
4. "Contact Information" screen will now appear.
5. Complete all information boxes. A valid email address is required to complete request. If you do not have an email account please type in email@example.com in the email information box in order to submit request.
6. Click "Verify Request". Your request will be confirmed by phone or email within 24 business hours.
|I acknowledge that I have read the Chesapeake Public Library Meeting Room policy and agree on behalf of the group or organization, to all rules and regulations set forth in the Chesapeake Public Library Meeting Room Policy, and agree to be responsible for any damages sustained to library property.|